Rude Copper depicts a single policeman, stencilled in Banksy’s signature black and white style, giving the viewer the middle finger with startling effect – the perspective of the piece is so accomplished that his hand appears to come out of the frame. The character is turned on its head as the figure glares out at us with an insolent stare, suggesting in fact that he might be an impersonator, rather than a true copper, who has adopted the uniform in a sharp satire of modern policing methods.
With this forceful gesture Banksy appears to be warning the public to be wary of the authorities, at the same time alluding to the law’s apparent disdain for the disadvantaged and perhaps even the widespread corruption and racism that has been reported among the police force in recent decades.
• UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
• Water, Fade, Scratch & Crack Resistant
• High Quality Vibrant, Damage Resistant Cotton Canvas
Vibrant, High Quality Canvas
• Poly Cotton or 100% Cotton with Semi-Gloss Finished Wrap
• Fade, Tear, Water and Warp Resistant
• 1.5 “ Deep Sustainable Pine Wood Stretch Bar
• 100% Real Pine For Any Size Canvas
• Finger Jointed For Extra Strengths
Hanging Hardware Included
• Canvas Art are Easy-to-Hang
• All Canvas Art arrive with Centered Sawtooth Hanger
• Canada 6-8 Business Days Shipping